Saturday, September 03, 2005

Spoiling your Saturday

I spend more time than I probably should boozing it up at my corner watering hole (yeah, I linked to it but that doesn't mean I want you showing up if you're a soulless yuppie or hipster wannabe--ok?). They usually play decent music--or at least nothing I can reasonably object to. Stuff like Bloc Party and Kasabian, and the last time I was there, The Oranges Band. But for some reason, I had this song stuck in my head all night:

Another Wasted Day (mp3) - SpoilSport

They All Want CakeInfectious as typhoid, right? SpoilSport's a co-ed Boston band that worships the Go-Go's. No kidding--check each member's profile. That'd be enough for me, but they get extra points for having adorable cover art for They All Want Cake.

Just Dance (mp3) - SpoilSport

Thrill Date (mp3) - SpoilSport

He's So Strange (mp3) - The Go-Go's

London Boys (mp3) - The Go-Go's

These rarer, early Go-Go's tracks are from Return to the Valley of the Go-Go's: "He's So Strange" was recorded during a 1980 practice session and "London Boys" in 1981 at Palos Verdes High School in L.A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home