Friday, September 30, 2005

My pain your gain

I had a conversation recently with someone (and Michelle, I could've sworn it was you!) about which is less stressful and easier to endure--moving or having surgery. Now, assuming we're not talking about something extremely painful and complicated or life-threatening, like open-heart surgery or some sort of organ transplant, I'd take an operation any day. In fact, I'd probably submit to the knife twice if I could avoid the weeks of anxiety and labor associated with moving. After all, surgery comes with some pleasant fringe benefits: prescription painkillers and mandatory bed rest. But no. Rather unexpectedly and against my wishes, I'm moving this weekend.

So, a couple associated songs--or at least ones with "move" in the title:

Moving Furniture Around (mp3) - Handsome Family

Movin' On Up (mp3) - Primal Scream

Movement (mp3) - LCD Soundsystem

You Gotta Move (mp3) - Heatmiser

Theme to The Jeffersons (wav)

Buy:
Odessa, Handsome Family
Screamadelica, Primal Scream
LCD Soundsystem, LCD Soundsystem
Mic City Sons, Heatmiser

3 Comments:

Blogger Sloop said...

Love that Heatmiser. Thanks for posting this.

6:05 PM  
Blogger -tr0y- said...

moving sucks--but LCD is nice! hope you're doing good.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear you didn't have that conversation with me. I love the Jefferson's track though.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home