Saturday, March 11, 2006

Where you won't find us now

Envelopes

It's 65 degrees and sunny! Those of you living in more temperate climes will greet my giddiness with a bemused yawn. But trust me, when you survive yet another cold, grey, blustery, miserable Chicago winter, you hail the first day you can leave home without heavy wool coat, scarf, hat, gloves and boots with pure, unfettered glee.

Speaking of warm weather... No one associated with this blog is going to South By Southwest. That's probably obvious, but I thought I'd mention it. We're too unambitious and amateur to even attempt to mix with industry folks. (Though one of our number may be going to Coachella and because it's on our doorstep and we'd be incredibly lazy not to travel the eight miles to get there, we should all make it to the Fork Fest this July.)

However, If I were going to SXSW, there are a couple, still small, indie pop, bands I'd try to see because a) they're good, and b) they haven't already been hyped to the rafters. I've mentioned all of these in the past and I'll probably keep talking about them until you actually buy their records. So buy their records, ok? And if you're going to be in Austin next week and get a chance to see them, I'd love to hear about it.

Scissors For Lefty : San Francisco boys who recently went from unsigned to the Rough Trade roster (yay for them!). Orginal post.

Marsha - Scissors For Lefty

Envelopes : Twee-ish Swedes and Frenchwoman based in Britain. Original post.

Massmouvement - Envelopes

The Kingdom : Portland pop band that I think is going to be huge. Original post.

Love Is My Nation - The Kingdom

Buy:
Demon, Envelopes (Amazon: US, UK)
Bruno, Scissors For Lefty (CD Baby, iTunes)
Unitas, The Kingdom (Arena Rock, iTunes)

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Well, I'm stuck here in Chi-town and ain't going to SXSW either. I can't even seem to make it out to concerts in my own city let alone a thousand miles away.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I know what you mean. In some ways it's a curse living in a city that every band must play because you're always kicking yourself for the stuff you didn't make it out to see.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home