Monday, March 06, 2006

No Hits 3.6.06

My Latest Novel

The Not So Reverend - My Latest Novel

My Latest Novel is a Scottish band that's beginning to receive favorable attention and comparisons to The Arcade Fire and countrymen Belle & Sebastian (though to these ears are less ornate than the former and less precious than the latter). Bleak optimism or melancholic cheer--something oxymoronic like that--is the prevailing mood, which you'll hear in abundance in the band's latest single, "The Not So Reverend." This boy-girl duet, buttressed by lonely violin, discreet percussion and a short bout of whistling, also seems typical of My Latest Novel's no-frills approach to orchestral pop.

The band's ten-track debut LP, Wolves, is available through its UK label Bella Union.

Videos:
"Sister Sneaker Sister Soul"
High Low
"The Reputation of Ross Francis"
High Low

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, nice spot on this one... good stuff and not surprised they are on the excellent Bella Union label.
Thanks,

Merz

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't heard their record, but a live recording I caught sounded nice. Good pick.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home