Friday, May 20, 2005

Indie yuppie update

The New York Post ran a story yesterday (picked up by Yahoo News) on the whole indie yuppie thing. I particularly love the quote from the self-identifier gushing "Oh my God! That's me!" Honey, you're a marketer's wet dream. And no doubt you're a yuppie. But clearly you were in the fitting room at Urban Outfitters when someone explained the aesthetic and ideological underpinnings of "indie rock culture"--whatever the fuck that is anyway.

You have to subscribe to the Post to read the accompanying quiz, but Tale of Two Cities has kindly
put it up. It's pretty lame--the Stereogum stuff is still scads better.

Yeah okay, I scored an 8. But in my defense, I have no money to speak of and I would never, ever buy a Death Cab for Cutie album. And Garden State great? Please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home