Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Swimming in the frozen sky

The Snowman

I was going to follow Sunday's post with more true tales of death, but I couldn't unleash that double downer. Not when it's the season to deck the halls and fa la la la la. So instead, allow me to introduce a song of molten silver arpeggio and sugar-dusted murmur, a cover by SYF friend Robin Allender. "Walking In The Air" is the theme from The Snowman, the animated film based on the book that I lived in ignorance of until just a few days ago. (Apparently, this is odd even for an American.)

Walking In The Air - Robin Allender

Robin is expected to (finally) release his debut album this spring on Dreamboat Records. In the meantime, check his Myspace for live dates in and around Bristol, UK. Also, he wrote a guest post for us this past summer.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty - Snowman was one of my favourite books as a child!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why as I never watched the snowman film or even read the comic but the song is terribly familiar to me. Great cover. Thank you.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah yes... now I remember, my cousin is big fan, I've heard the nightwish cover. This one is far better.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home