Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Infatuation

Archie Bronson Outfit

Dart For My Sweetheart - Archie Bronson Outfit

Is it just the first blush of infatuation, or is this the bestest song ever? By bestest I mean catchiest, sexiest, most intoxicating. And by ever, I guess I mean this year. I'll always say yes to a tune with an ingenious single riff and aggressive chorus of "nah nah nahs." And, against my better judgment, yes to the reptilian man caressing lines like "nine cold crimes in the night, please forgive me," and yes to the strutting lock of percussion and rhythm guitar and finally, yes to a band that paints "shake ye hips" on its drum kit.

But then I should acknowledge that when I fall in love with a song I love it like a small child loves a small rodent: I play and play it to its premature grave. Meaning this love affair will probably be over by next Tuesday. It's too indulgent, too immediately gratifying. But right now--oooh baby.

Released as a single and appearing on Derdang Derdang (US, UK)

Archie Bronson Outfit's Web site & MySpace. They are playing parties and bars and festivals around Europe this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home